Materials and Supplies
Class: BASIC DRAWING
- 11x17 or preferably 18x24 pad of paper
- Pencils: one 2H and one 2B
- Kneaded Eraser
- 18" Ruler
- Small, plastic T Square
- Small, pencil sharpener
If you already have supplies, bring what you have. More pencils are good or if you have different #'s as long as one is hard and one is soft.
Class: Beginning & Intermediate Water Colors
- 9 x 12 watercolor pad or 11 x 15 paper (Strathmore or Canson, 140 lb, acid free)
- 3 different watercolor paint brushes
- Cloth Rag
- Rubber Cement
- A bold or medium tip calligraphy pen (instructor prefers Shaeffer). You can buy a set or one pen, they come with ink cartridges.
Class: GOURD PAINTING
- Bring an apron or wear an old shirt. Paint and dyes used will not come out of clothing.
Class: Oil Painting
- One canvas or canvas panel 8x10 or 16x20
- Two Brushes: Hog Bristle, flat or filbert, both #4 (Robert Simmons "Signet" for example)
- Regular size tube, 37-40ml of Ultramarine blue, Hansa yellow (PY3), Napthol red light, medium or Crimson oil paint
- Large tube white, titanium or tianium/zinc mix. Student grade is acceptable and less expensive.
- Small can odorless mineral spirits and a jar with a lid to clean your brushes.
Optional additional supplies:
- Canvas panel, approximate 9x12
- Brushes: Hog Bristle, flat or filbert, #2 and two #6
- Inexpensive table top or larger easel
If you do not have all the supplies, come anyway. You can use some of the instructors equipment/items to help you learn what to buy.
Class: STAINED GLASS
- Oil Fed Stained Glass Cutter
- Paper and Pen to take notes