19TH ANNUAL COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
Friday, May 15, 2015
Renaissance Glendale Hotel
9495 West Coyotes Boulevard
Glendale, Arizona 85305
How to Participate in the Commencement Ceremony
Students wishing to participate in commencement need to complete the following:
- Apply for graduation
- Pay commencement fee – pay $25.00 fee to Enrollment Services
- Pick up cap, gown and announcements
- Available from Enrollment Services
- Students will receive five announcements with cap and gown (while supplies last)
- Extra announcements are $0.50 each. (Extra announcements will not be available until 05/11/2015, while supplies last)
Complete participation card
- Participation cards are available from Enrollment Services
- Participation cards are due to Enrollment Services by TBA
Information and Frequently Asked Questions
No rehearsal prior to commencement.
Check-in will begin at 5:00 PM. All graduates must be checked in before 6:00 PM or you may not be allowed to participate in the ceremony. This area has no place for storing personal items, please leave items with family and friends. Due to limited space only participating graduates will be allowed in check-in area.
Professional photographers will be taking pictures of all commencement participants on Friday, May 15, 2015, during the commencement ceremony. These photographs will be available for purchase from Grad Images. Pictures will be taken of all participants. To complete your pre-event registration go to Grad Images.
Participation in the commencement ceremony does not certify graduation or completion of a certificate. Degree and certificate recipients who participate in the ceremony will receive only an award cover at the ceremony. Students will be notified via their Official Student Email once certificates and degrees are available for pick-up.
Phi Theta Kappa
If you are a member of EMCC's Beta Alpha Xi chapter or Phi Theta Kappa, information on ordering special graduation regalia is available online: http://recognitions.ptk.org/
If you or one of your guests has need for a sign language interpreter or alternative print format, please call Pam Grady at 623 935 8935 no later than May 1, 2015.