Estrella Mountain is a Learning College. Sometimes you may ask, "How do I contribute to the Learning College?" In your daily environment you:
- Reinforce learning.
- Provide support to enable students to learn.
- Connect students to resources for student success.
- Collaborate with your peers and colleagues.
- Expand your own learning with professional development.
The Learning College is part of your job ... iConnect is a way to document what you already do!
Participating in iConnect shows you and others how we build relationships, validate contributions and contribute to student success. You can connect in three different ways:
- Pledge - sign a Pledge Card and make at least 3 purposeful connections between yourself, students or colleagues during each semester. Use the report cards to document what you've accomplished.
- Mentor - enroll in Engage Estrella (E2) as a one-to-one, career interview or job shadow mentor. By mentoring, you model success pathways for students.
- Award - celebrate the milestones of your peers through Employee Recognition by immediately expressing your gratitude (give a Paws in Action Award) or nominate individuals/groups for formal recognition (Learning in Action Award).
iConnect is a tangible way to demonstrate HOW you live the Learning College principles.
"Sometimes the most ordinary things could be made extraordinary simply by doing them with the right people." (Unknown)