VITA/ Tax Preparation Info
Free 2013 Tax Preparation Hours of Operation:
- When: Saturdays, February 1, - April 12, 2014 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Who: For households earning less than $52,000
- Location: Estrella Hall South room 251 & 253
- What to Bring: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Free-Tax-Return-Preparation-for-You-by-Volunteers
- Questions: call the Business Institute 623-935-8442
Free 2013 Self-Tax Preparation
- Who: For households earning less than $58,000
- Location: Nationwide, no restrictions
Who VITA Can Help
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation services to individuals and families with low or limited income, disabilities, senior citizens and limited English speaking abilities. Volunteers prepare basic tax returns which will be filed electronically to expedite the refunds. All services are provided free of charge.
The VITA program generally offers free tax help to include all West Valley residents to include EMCC students and staff earning $52,000 or less and need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.
The VITA site at EMCC opened and began serving the students and public in January 2011. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation to qualified individuals in local communities. During the 2012-13 tax season 1,079 households who had their taxes prepared at VSUW’s VITA Sites located in the West Valley who received over $1.7 million in tax refunds, dollars that go back into the community.
There are many VITA sites across the Valley.
The VITA site at EMCC is pleased to offer an alternative method for individuals who wish to do their own taxes and qualify for FREE federal and state e-file. By using www.myfreetaxes.com, students,
staff, their friends and family nationwide earning $58,000 or less may use this link to prepare their taxes. The income tax preparation done via this link is FREE. It is a self-service link with free tech support via
chat or toll-free phone call.
Below are some VITA/EMCC media features:
• Here’s a link to the VITA video that VSUW created and filmed here at EMCC.
How to Get Involved:
Students can register for ACC 121 at EMCC, only offered in the fall semesters. Students learn course material and take certification exams. Spring semesters, students prepare income taxes at a VITA site.