The Energy Institute provides a “community” for students in the Power Plant Technology (PPT) program, or those interested in the energy industry.
There are opportunities to network with like-minded students, access unique services, and participate in special events and activities that expand classroom experiences into career experiences. The PPT program also offers extended, on–the-job training, via internship and apprenticeship opportunities.
The Energy Institute has partnerships with the biggest energy companies in the state Arizona and across the nation, providing access to top professionals in the industry and premiere learning advantages. EMCC is the only college in the state of Arizona recognized for offering a nuclear certification track with the Nuclear Uniform Curriculum Program (NUCP).
As part of the Energy Institute, successful students have the competitive edge to take pre-employment testing at APS-Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station, a required step prior to interviewing for a position.
Energy Institute programs:
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
- Power Plant Technology
- Radiation Protection Technology
- Non-Licensed Operator (Spring 2014)
- Basic Skills- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Employability Skills Certificate
- Energy Industry Fundamentals Certificate
- Nuclear Uniform Curriculum Program (NUCP) certification (requires 80 percent or greater in required core classes)