From the library home page at http://www.estrellamountain.edu/library/ you have access to a series of resources to help research diseases. Key resources to consider include:
- In Find Articles, try Academic OneFile + General OneFile. Once in this resource, be sure to check to limit results to full-text articles and to peer-reviewed publications. When you search on your disease, also click the "+" next to "View subdivisions."
- In Find Articles, click on the heading titled Nursing and Health. In this section, you will find a number of resources such as Health Source and CINHAL to use for further journal research.
- In Find Articles, Books, Ebooks, Movies, try ebrary ebooks or Read EBSCOhost eBooks online which gives you access to thousands of electronic books. Electronic books cover many aspects of disease and are often the best source for historic background information.
Government web sites
The following are select government web sites to consult for additional information on disease research.
- Medline Plus -- overview information on diseases
- PubMed -- abstracts and select full-text from medical journals
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control) Traveler's Health -- health information for travelers that highlights disease risks geographically
- Global Health -- global health information provided by the US Department of Health and & Human Services