Computer Applications Technology - CCL
Description: This certificate program consists of 26 credits including courses in the following microcomputer areas: general usage and applications, operating systems, word processing, database, spreadsheets, and desktop publishing. With proper choices, a student who completes the certificate may apply all those courses toward the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree program. Many of the courses are offered in a self-paced format to enable students to enter and complete the program in a timely and flexible manner. Students take the courses for personal development of microcomputer skills and to prepare for or enhance employment. Upon completion of the program, students should be able to operate a microcomputer and operate a variety of software in a professional manner.
++ indicates any module/suffixed courses.
|Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for each course in the Required Courses area.|
|CIS114 ++||Excel (Any module)||3|
|BPC117 ++||Database Management: Oracle (Any module)(3) OR|
|CIS117 ++||Database Management: Microsoft Access (Any module)(3)||3|
|CIS133AA||Internet/Web Development Level I-A (1) AND|
|CIS133BA||Internet/Web Development Level I-B (1) AND|
|CIS133CA||Internet/Web Development Level I-C (1) OR|
|CIS133DA||Internet/Web Development Level I (3)||3|
|BPC/OAS135++||Word Processing Software (Any module)||2|
|BPC138 ++||Desktop Publishing (Any module)||3|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|OAS120||Financial Record Keeping||3|
|Students should select six (6) credits from the following courses in consultation with a program advisor.|
|CIS118 ++||Desktop Presentation Software (Any module)||3|
|CIS120DB||Computer Graphics: IBM Adobe Illustrator||3|
|CIS120DC||Adobe Flash Level I: Digital Animation||3|
|CIS120DF||Adobe Photoshop Level I: Digital Imaging||3|
|BPC170||Computer Maintenance: A+ Exam Prep Level I||3|
|CIS/MMT140||Survey of Multimedia Technology||2|
|CIS190||Introduction to Local Area Networks||3|
|CIS233DA||Internet/Web Development Level II||3|
|OAS101AA||Computer Typing I: Keyboard Mastery (1) OR|
|OAS102||Computer Typing II: Document Production (3)||1-3|
|TQM101||Quality Customer Service||3|
- Demonstrate mastery of micro computing accounting systems including the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll. (OAS120)
- Use a microcomputer spreadsheet program to create, store, modify, and print electronic spreadsheets. (CIS114++)
- Use a microcomputer database program to create, store, modify, and generate reports. (BPC117++, CIS117++)
- Use a microcomputer graphics program to create, store, and print charts, graphs, and other visual images for business purposes. (CIS120++)
- Use a microcomputer word processing system to create, modify, and print a variety of business documents. (BPC/OAS135++)
- Use appropriate commercial software packages to compose and print newsletters, flyers, resumes, brochures, advertisements, and other typical desktop publications from templates and models. (BPC138++)
- Describe common uses of computers in modern business practices. (CIS105)
- Identify and describe common microcomputer hardware and software. (CIS105)
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphics software to complete common business operations and transactions. (CIS105)
- Gain experience with various Internet/WWW communication, resource discovery, and information retrieval tools and learn basic Web page development. (CIS133DA)
Complete program information is available here.
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Please refer to the Official MCCCD CCTA website for official programs information.