The dance program at Estrella Mountain is quickly growing and developing. Currently, students involved in the program have the opportunity to take classes in a variety of courses that focus on both theory and technique. Additionally, all students registered for technique classes have the opportunity to perform in the annual concert. The internationally focused classes offered are perfect for students interested in learning about dance, or for students who wish to dance as a recreational activity. The burgeoning program is also perfect for those pursuing a degree in dance. Degree seekers can use the program as a bouncing off point before transferring to a four-year institution. All students involved in the program have the opportunity to work with knowledgeable and caring faculty, and they will leave each class with a better understanding of dance as both a fun physical activity and powerful art form.
Why Dance @ EMCC?
- Advantage of small class sizes which provides opportunity for more personal attention from faculty
- Knowledgeable, caring faculty who seek to share their love and knowledge of the art form with their students.
- Opportunity to perform annually, simply by registering and attending any of the technique classes offered.
- Performer or choreographer – In a variety of avenues including cruise ships, television and professional dance companies.
- Teacher – In a studio, in the community, in a K-12 setting (with a bachelor's degree) or in the secondary education setting (with a master's degree).
- Arts administrator or program director – In a variety of arts or community settings, such as performing arts centers or community centers as arts program directors or arts administrators.
- Health industry teacher/trainer – A good base to develop further training in physical activities such as Yoga, Pilates, Zumba and other class-based activities to teach in community centers and fitness gyms as instructors, and to pursue a personal training certification.
- Physical therapist – With, further education could lead to opportunities working in hospitals and physical therapy clinics, and with sports teams.
|At EMCC, get a degree in...||And transfer to a university to get a degree in...|
|Associate in Arts, Fine Arts - Dance||Bachelor of Fine Arts|