The vision for the performing arts at Estrella Mountain Community is individual expression through creative collaboration.
This foundational approach provides all dance students with an educational experience that is inclusive, supportive and enriching. Dance can be a powerful force for social awareness and community engagement is an integral part of student performance opportunities.
Why Dance @ EMCC?
Dance majors receive a comprehensive dance curriculum which is combined with solid vocational skills preparation. Career options and requirements; auditioning and interviewing techniques; self-promotion, networking and event marketing; arts administration and funding sources are all covered in a Special Topics course offered only at EMCC.
General-interest students have the opportunity to train, create and perform alongside degree students in a pre-professional and non-competitive environment.
- Participants engage in a cooperative approach to training, creating, and performing.
- All classes are open to both degree-seeking and general-interest students.
- No auditions are required for performing with the student company, dancestrella which uses a collaborative artistic process for developing productions.
- EMCC’s new Performing Arts Center houses a beautiful dance studio for classes, and a 295 seat proscenium theatre for performances, serving the college and community as a regional artistic hub.
The EMCC curriculum prepares students to transfer to four-year programs at universities nationwide in a range of dance related fields. Since each career track requires selecting an appropriate course of study, ongoing advisement is provided by Residential Dance Faculty and a designated EMCC Advisor.
- Professional Dancer
- Educator (K-12 or higher education)
- Dance Therapist
- Somatics Practitioner (e.g. Pilates, Gyrokinesis, Alexander, Feldenkrais, etc.)
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Arts Administrator
- Studio Manager
- Dance Historian, Writer or Critic
- Dance Photographer
For more information, contact Residential Dance Faculty, Janaea Lyn McAlee at 623-935-8427or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|At EMCC, get a degree in...||And transfer to a university to get a degree in...|
|Associate in Arts, Fine Arts - Dance||Bachelor of Fine Arts|