Foundations of Student Services
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Foundations of Student Services is designed to provide the skills and knowledge in the field of student services in higher education. Program provides professional preparation for students interested in positions in areas such as: admissions and records, recruitment, and student-life; and enhances the professional development of post-secondary professionals.
Upon completion of the courses in the program, you will be able to:
1. Describe the characteristics of community college students, including special populations and changing demographics as they relate to the need to create and maintain environments that demonstrate equity and mutual respect for diversity. (EDU250, EDS250, EDS251)
2. Demonstrate the principles and practices of effective teaching and learning. (EDU250)
3. Explain values, history and philosophy of the student affairs profession (EDS250, EDS251)
4. Use assessment and research practices to develop and analyze programs (EDS250, EDS254)
5. Identify law, policy, and governance structures of community colleges and universities (EDS250, EDS251, EDS252, EDS253)
Why Foundations of Student Services @ EMCC?
EMCC is the only college in the Maricopa Community College district that offers this comprehensive program.
Link to MCCCD curriculum page: http://www.maricopa.edu/programs/index/show/id:5661