Gifted Education - CCL
The Certificate of Completion in Gifted Education provides professional development for certified teachers and leads to provisional and full endorsement in gifted education from the Arizona Department of Education.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses within the program.
|EPD225||Foundations of Gifted Education and Identification of Gifted Learners||3|
|EPD226||Social and Emotional Needs of Gifted and Talented Students||3|
|EPD227||Methods and Models for Differentiating Curriculum for Gifted Learners||3|
|EPD228||Creativity and Critical Thinking Skills in Gifted Education||3|
|EPD229||Gifted Education Practicum I||3|
|EPD230||Gifted Education Practicum II||3|
- Define giftedness and its implications on the social and emotional needs of gifted and talented students.( EPD225)
- Analyze key philosophies, theories, models and research supporting gifted and talented education (EPD225)
- Describe the cognitive, social, emotional, and environmental factors that enhance or inhibit the development of giftedness in all populations. (EPD226)
- Identify varying teaching styles and instructional strategies for gifted and talented students to meet their diverse needs. (EPD226)
- Analyze a variety of diagnostic tools to identify individual learning needs of gifted and talented students. (EPD227)
- Design differentiated learning experiences for gifted and talented students. (EPD227)
- Describe and implement research-based strategies for enhancing creativity in the classroom. (EPD228)
- Describe and implement research-based strategies for teaching critical thinking in the classroom. (EPD228)
- Participate in a K-12 classroom field experience in which most students are identified as gifted.(EPD229, EPD230)
- Record experiences, interactions, goals and self-evaluations in a reflective journal. (EPD229, EPD230)
Complete program information is available here.
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Please refer to the Official MCCCD CCTA website for official programs information.