Linux Associate - CCL
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Linux Associate program is designed to help prepare students for a variety of industry-recognized Linux certification exams as well as provide practical hands-on skills for the work place. The program includes a core of Linux classes including Linux Operating System Basics, System Administration, Network Administration and Network Security. These classes will help develop a student's knowledge and skill level in preparation for employment or to improve current professional skills. Objectives for a variety of industry certifications are encompassed within course and program objectives.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
++ indicates any module/suffixed courses.
|CIS126DL||Linux Operating System||3|
|CIS238DL||Linux System Administration||3|
|CIS240DL||Linux Network Administration||3|
|BPC170||Computer Maintenance: A+ Exam Prep Level I||3|
|BPC270||Computer Maintenance: A+ Exam Prep Level II||3|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS121AH||Microsoft PowerShell/Command Line Operations||3|
|CIS197||VMware ESXI Server Enterprise||4|
|CIS226AL||Internet/Intranet Server Administration-Linux||3|
|CIS239DL||Linux Shell Scripting||3|
|CIS241DL||Apache Web Server Administration (Linux/Unix)||3|
|CIS270||Essentials of Network and Information Security||3|
|CIS274DL||Linux Enterprise Network Security||3|
|CIS280||Current Topics in Computing||3|
|CIS290 ++||Computer Information Systems Internship (any suffixed course)||1-3|
|CIS190||Introduction to Local Area Networks (3) OR|
|CNT140AA||Introduction to Networks (4) OR|
|MST140||Microsoft Networking Essentials (3)||3-4|
|CNT150AA||Cisco - Routing and Switching Essentials||4|
|MST150 ++||Microsoft Windows (any suffixed course)||3|
|MST155||Implementing Windows Network Infrastructure (3) OR|
|MST155DA||Windows Server Network Infrastructure Configuration (4)||3-4|
- Understand the history and nature of Open Source software. (CIS126DL)
- Demonstrate ability to install a variety of Linux distributions. (CIS126DL)
- Navigate the Linux file system hierarchy. (CIS126DL, CIS238DL)
- Create, manage, and delete user accounts, groups and permissions. (CIS126DL, CIS238DL)
- Implement a variety of troubleshooting techniques to prevent and deal with a variety of system problems including core dumps. (CIS126DL, CIS238DL)
- Create partitions and file systems, and will manipulate access to them through the use of mount points and automated mounting techniques. (CIS238DL)
- Monitor system functions and security through the use of a variety of system logs. (CIS238DL)
- Demonstrate understanding of the impact of Linux in powering the Internet and Local Area Networks. (CIS238DL, CIS240DL)
- Manipulate network-addressing schemes including subnetting. (CIS238DL, CIS240DL)
- Utilize a variety of standardized and proprietary networking protocols that are included in Linux distributions. (CIS240DL)
- Apply knowledge and skills in implementing and configuring a variety of Linux network server daemons. (CIS238DL, CIS240DL)
- Identify and assess common Linux security risks. (CIS126DL, CIS238DL, CIS240DL, CIS271DL)
- Explain the role of digital certificates and certificate authorities in ensuring Internet privacy. (CIS271DL)
- Create user-level security through the creation and management of user accounts including password management, Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM) and a variety of Linux utilities. (CIS126DL, CIS238DL, CIS240DL, CIS271DL)
- Ensure file-level security through the configuration of file permissions, the monitoring of logs, and the automation of file integrity checks using the Trip-Wire utility. (CIS271DL)
- Implement proactive network security techniques including routing methods, Linux firewall configuration and network traffic encryption. (CIS271DL)
- Recognize and practice professional ethics at all times. (CIS126DL, CIS238DL, CIS240DL, CIS271DL)
Complete program information is available here.
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Please refer to the Official MCCCD CCTA website for official programs information.