Medical Billing & Coding
The Medical Billing and Coding Program (MBC) prepare individuals to enter the field of insurance processing and coding functions. Billing and Coding Specialists assign and report ICD, CPT, and HCPCS codes on insurance claims for diagnoses and procedures/services provided to patients in a variety of health care environments. The insurance billing and coding program offers individuals the opportunity to pursue a business-related career that is an essential part of the health care industry.
|Clock Hours: 805|
|Fundamentals in Healthcare Delivery||71|
|Medical Terminology for Healthcare Workers||99|
|Computers in Healthcare and Health Record Systems||30|
|Introduction to Medical Billing & Reimbursement||50|
|Medical Claims Processing||60|
|Computer Keyboarding I||25|
|10-Key by Touch||15|
|Pharmacology for Allied Health||40|
|ICD Diagnostic Coding||75|
|CPT Coding I||95|
|CPT Coding II||100|
- Describe the different types of insurance plans and coverage options.
- Describe the legal and ethical issues involved with billing practices.
- Demonstrate how to use both CPT and ICD coding systems.
- Explain the steps to filing an insurance claim.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a manual bookkeeping system.
- Demonstrate bank deposit procedures, balancing bank statements.
- Communicate financial information.
- Apply concepts, methods, and processes of financial control to safeguard assets.
- Demonstrate self-directed learning skills.
- Demonstrate oral, written, and non-verbal communication skills in an organized and coherent manner.