Web Developer - CCL
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Web Developer is designed to prepare a software developer to properly create and maintain web applications. In addition to web page development, this certificate is designed to enable software developers to fully manage and develop corporate web systems using interactive applications as well as write programs to manage corporate database via the web.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses within the program.
++ indicates any module/suffixed courses.
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS117DM||Microsoft Access: Database Management||3|
|CIS120DC||Adobe Flash Level I: Digital Animation||3|
|CIS120DF||Adobe Photoshop Level I: Digital Imaging (3) OR|
|CIS120AF||Computer Graphics: Adobe Photoshop: Level I (1) AND|
|CIS120BF||Computer Graphics: Adobe Photoshop: Level II (1) AND|
|CIS120CF||Computer Graphics: Adobe Photoshop: Level III (1)||3|
|CIS126AA||UNIX Operating System: Level I||1|
|CIS133DA||Internet/Web Development Level I||3|
|CIS166 ++||Any module.||3|
|CIS233DA||Internet/Web Development Level II||3|
|CIS234||XML Application Development||3|
|CIS298AB||Special Projects (2) OR|
|CIS290AB||Computer Information Systems Internship (2) OR|
|CIS296WB||Cooperative Education (2)||2|
- Apply computer concepts, Microcomputer applications and programming techniques. (CIS105)
- Explain and use various Internet Communication, resources discovery and information retrieval tools. (CIS133DA)
- Design and create presentations using the world Wide Web authoring hypertext markup language (HTML). (CIS233DA)
- Create and manipulate images and artwork. (CIS120DF, CIS120AF, CIS120BF, CIS120CF)
- Demonstrate skills for using commercial software programs including electronic spreadsheets, micro word processing, and data-base management. (CIS117DM, CIS105)
- Apply basic animation techniques in the creation, manipulation, and editing of Flash animation graphics. (CIS120DC)
- Write and execute UNIX scripts. (CIS126AA)
- Design software for Web sites, including client-side script and Common GateWay Interface (CGI) scripting. (CIS166++)
- Use Extensible Markup Language (XML) to make documents smarter, simplify Web automation and to communicate between databases. (CIS234)
- Create a portfolio of work. (CIS298AB, CIS290AB, CIS296WB)
- Apply web development skills to electronic commerce. (CIS235)
Complete program information is available here.
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Please refer to the Official MCCCD CCTA website for official programs information.