Programming and System Analysis - CCL
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Programming and System Analysis provides an in-depth exploration of different computer language and technical skills. Includes, but is not limited to the following: operating systems, local area networks, team roles, and dynamics. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) is also available.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Consultation with an Academic Advisor is recommended for course selection.
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS224||Project Management Microsoft Project for Windows||3|
|CIS126DA||UNIX Operations System (3) OR|
|CIS126DL||Linux Operating System (3) OR|
|MST150||Microsoft Windows Professional (3) OR|
|MST150VI||Microsoft Windows Vista Administration (3) OR|
|MST150XP||Microsoft Windows XP Professional (3)||3|
|CIS150||Programming Fundamentals (3) OR|
|CIS150AB||Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals (3)||3|
|CIS151||Computer Game Development - Level I (3) OR|
|CIS159||Visual Basic Programming I (3) OR|
|CIS162 ++||Any C Programming: Level I course (3) OR|
|CIS163AA||Java Programming: Level I (3)||3|
|CIS225||Business Systems Analysis and Design (3) OR|
|CIS225AB||Object Oriented Analysis and Design (3) OR|
|CIS250||Management of Information Systems (3)||3|
|CIS217AM||Advanced Microsoft Access: Database Management (3) OR|
|CIS119DO||Introduction to Oracle: SQL (3) OR|
|CIS276DA||My SQL Database (3)||3|
|CIS251||Computer Game Development-Level II||3|
|CIS259||Visual Basic Programming II||3|
|CIS262 ++||Any C Programming: Level II course||3|
|CIS263AA||Java Programming: Level II||3|
- Identify common uses of computers in business and other sectors of society. (CIS105)
- Name and explain the steps in the system development process. (CIS105)
- Describe the components of a Management Information System. (CIS105)
- Write simple programs in a common programming language using appropriate input, output, and processing statements for that language. (CIS105)
- Identify and define the major components of an operating system, both hardware and software. (CIS126D+, MST150++)
- Design algorithms for simple business problems. (CIS150++)
- Analyze problem descriptions and design programming solutions to the problems, using common problem-solving techniques. (CIS151, CIS159, CIS162++, CIS163AA)
- Write elementary programs in various programming languages. (CIS151, CIS159, CIS162++, CIS163AA)
- Analyze problem descriptions and design programming solutions to the problems using common problem-solving techniques. (CIS224)
- Describe the integrated workings of systems and subsystems within a business organization. (CIS225++, CIS250)
- Set up, maintain, and use a database management program. (CIS217AM, CIS119DO, CIS276DA)
Complete program information is available here.
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Please refer to the Official MCCCD CCTA website for official programs information.