Students who are interested in getting a jump start on college while still attending high school may do so through our Special Admission Process.
Special admission to Estrella Mountain Community College may be granted to any person under the age of 18 who meets the established requirements for a course. Admission shall be considered only when the special admission form has been signed by the student, parent/guardian, and high school counselor or administrator. The final decision to admit a student will be made by EMCC on an individual basis. Students under the age of 16 may be limited to course selection based on faculty approval.
Student who are interested in attending EMCC as a Special Admission Student must complete the following steps:
- Complete a Student Information Form (SIF) either on paper or by telephone at 623-935-8888.
- Complete the Special Admission Form signed by student, parent/guardian and high school counselor or administrator. Home schools students need to contact your home school coordinator or administrator to sign.
- Take the placement test (call 623-935-8860) for placement test information and times). All students must take the English and reading assessment and those taking math, engineering, science or business must take the math assessment as well. A photo ID and college ID number are required to take the placement test.
a. Students must score into college level English and Reading to be considered for special admission.
b. Students must score into college level Math to be considered for special admission into science, math, engineering and select business courses.
4. Complete a Pre-Advisement Workshop (PAW Session)
5. Make an appointment with a Special Admission administrator by calling 623-935-8814. Drop-in appointments are honored if time permits – appointments are recommended.
a. Students must come with a parent or legal guardian when registering for classes.
b. Special Admission students are placed on a registration hold and are unable to add or drop classes independently. The Special Admission administrator will manually register the student into class/es.
Students admitted under the EMCC Special Admission Program are also subject to all regular tuition fees and to all state and county residency regulations. Students wishing to take classes for more than one semester must reapply for special admission each semester until they are 18 years of age.