Dual Enrollment FAQs
We have provided the following Questions and Answers to provide the best information to assist in your decision to participate in the Dual Enrollment program with Estrella Mountain Community College.
How is Dual Enrollment different from AP courses?
AP courses require a fee to take a test and the test results determine how many credits you are eligible to receive. Dual Enrollment credits are earned through course work in the classroom. If you earn an A through coursework in a Dual Enrollment class, you have earned an A in college and high school.
How do I send my transcripts to another college?
- Go My.Maricopa.edu
- Click on login, then use your MEID and password to log-in.
- In the Academics section of your Student Center, click the drop down menu.
- Select Official Transcript or Unofficial Transcript.
- Follow directions on screen to complete the process.
- A $5 fee will be charged for transcripts sent outside Maricopa Colleges.
How do Dual Enrollment credits transfer?
Review the CEG or course equivilency guide provided on this website to see how the three state universities translate the courses you are interested in taking. Out of state colleges will evaluate courses differently. It is important to contact the respective college about how courses transfer.
What is the process to register for Dual Enrollment classes?
- Apply for admission
- Go to My.Maricopa.edu. Create a student account and password.
- Apply for admission to as many colleges you plan to take Dual Enrollment classes.
- Math and English require a college placement test.
- Other academic courses do not require a placement test. (History, World Languages, Biology, etc.)
- Occupational courses do not require testing.
- Placement tests are often provided at your high school prior to registration. If not you will have to test at a maricopa community college.
3. Register for classes
- Registration often takes place on high school campus.
- All forms must be signed, by appropriate person.
- To qualify for in-state tuition, send each college a copy of accepted documents that shows your citizen or residency status.
4. Pay Tuition
- Tuition is due at registration.
- Cash, credit card, check acceptable.
- Tuition assistance available on limited basis.
- Payment plan available at www.estrellamountain.edu/students/student-payment