Welcome to Learning Support Services
Estrella Mountain Community College provides our students with a full complement of instructional and technical assistance in learning environments that allow students the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to achieve academic success.
Learning Support Services includes free tutoring (online and face-to-face) in any EMCC course, assistance with computer connection, internet access, and support with various software applications. In addition, there are study rooms available, books, microscopes and other academic resources available for students to use.
We take a collaborative approach in responding to students' learning needs by working closely with students, faculty and staff to determine how to best support their Learning Support Services expectations.
Learning Support Services is made up of the following centers:
- Learning Enhancement and Writing Center (LEC) -Estrella Hall
- NASA Center for Success in Math & Science - Montezuma 122
- Computer Commons - first floor of Estrella Hall
We promote student success. Our job is to help students help themselves with quality tutoring assisstance. We put learning first by engaging learners in the process as full partners, assuming primary responsibility for their own learning. For EMCC employees, learning is at the core of everything we do, it is embedded in our programs, policies, and procedures. We are committed to fearlessly assessing our programs, policies, and practices and making changes wherever necessary to place learning at the core.
Supporting learners through exceptional educational services, programs, guidance and resources to:
- Reinforce and supplement classroom instruction.
- Improve learning efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support classroom instruction.
- Create learning communities.
- Provide academic support to increase student success and help students become independent learners.
- Provide learning environments to meet students’ academic goals.
- Assist students with study strategies to build self-confidence in understanding and learning subject matter of an academic course.