THE ROLE OF A PEER MENTOR:
- Help students brainstorm strategies
- Connect and refer students to resources
- Share personal experiences related to college success
- Provide motivation and coping strategies to students
- Collaborate with program coordinator and faculty mentor supervisor.
Mentees increase the quality of their educational experience at EMCC.
The connection between mentor and mentee creates a means of academic and social support.
Our mission is to help new and returning students become successful college students by assisting them in developing strong skills for life and college success.
- Serve as credible resources for mentees regarding general college information and support services
- Direct students to the appropriate services, staff and processes in proactive, rather than reactive ways
EMCC peer mentors work in a professional and supportive environment housed within the Counseling Division. All peer mentors are supervised by EMCC faculty and are expected to maintain the highest level of professional and personal integrity.