Welcome to EMCC Academic Success Center/Tutoring!
Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC) is committed to student academic success. Academic Success Center/Tutoring is located in Estrella Hall South, first floor and hosts a wide variety of programs to enhance student success. Drop-in tutoring, appointment-based tutoring, group tutoring, online paper critique through our Online Writing Center, 24/7 online tutoring through Smarthinking, study success strategies tutorials, seminars and workshops are among the programs available to all EMCC students. Our tutors are peer students and adjunct faculty learning facilitators who are dedicated to working with students in a supportive, collaborative learning environment.
To request tutoring, students will check in with an EMCC student ID at the Academic Success Center/Tutoring front desk and they will be signed-in for tutoring and directed to the following areas:
- Math Success
- Science Success
- Writing Success
- Reading, Languages and Occupational Success
Supporting EMCC students through exceptional educational services, learning environments, programs, guidance, and resources to:
- Reinforce and supplement classroom instruction.
- Improve learning efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support classroom instruction.
- Create learning communities.
- Provide academic support to increase student success and help students become independent learners.
- Provide learning environments to meet students’ academic goals.
- Assist students with study strategies to build self-confidence in understanding the learning subject matter of an academic course.
Summer II Hours Change
The Academic Success Center will offer Writing Tutoring from 7am-7pm M-Th (Online Writing Center will be open 24/7), Math/Science Tutoring from 7am-8pm M-Th, and Reading/Occupational Tutoring from 7am-7pm M-Th all in Estrella Hall South for the Summer II Session (June 30-July 1). Please contact us at (623) 935-8221 if you have any questions.