The Clarion Award is for current Maricopa Community College students who have an interest in the Honors Program or taking Honors courses but are unable to be funded (DACA, HOOP, ACE, etc).
- Score 6, 7, or 8 on the WritePlacer English exam
- Enrolled in a MCCCD college
- 3.25 or higher cumulative GPA (exception: pass/fail classes that are required for the student's degree program)
- Complete and submit Clarion Achievement Award application
Clarion Achievement Award Application:
Clarion Award scholars must meet and maintain the following requirements for the program:
- Attend all Honors orientations and meetings
- MCCCD cumulative GPA of 3.25 each semester in the program
- Enroll in minimum of 6 credits (100 level or higher, letter grade) for four (4) semesters
- Attend one (1) co-curricular, complete the required reflection, and submit the reflection by the due date
- Complete one (1) Honors Project each semester in the program (in either a cohort, section or as an individual Honors project) for a total of four (4) projects
- Ensure that three (3) of the four required Honors Projects are in different prefixes
Example 1: A student completes Honors Projects in English 101 (ENG), Math 142 (MAT), History 103 (HIS) and Sociology 130 (SOC). The student has four (4) different prefixes: ENG, MAT, HIS, and SOC and has met the requirement.
Example 2: A student loves her literature and English classes and completes Honors Projects in English 101 (ENG), English 102 (ENG), English Humanities: Banned Books & Censorship (ENH), and English Humanities: Mythology. The student has only two (2) different prefixes: ENG and ENH and would need another class with a different prefix to meet the requirement.