Scholarship awarding is based on the number of credit hours enrolled in for the fall and/or spring semester:
$500 for 12+ credit hours
$325 for 9-11 credit hours
$244 for 6-8 credit hours
The maximum award is $500 per semester per student to assist with college tuition, registration fees, books or supplies.
- Completion of at least 12 credit hours (100 level or higher, letter grade) from Maricopa Community Colleges with a 3.25 or higher cumulative MCCCD GPA (Exception: Pass/fail classes that are required for the student's degree program)
- Completion of Honors Program application
- Enrollment in an MCCCD college
Fulfilling Scholarship Requirements
- Submit a new application every semester
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours of letter-grade classes (100+ level or higher) per semester
- Attend an Orientation
- Choose a class to complete an Honors project in (with instructor approval); projects are based on class content
- Complete and submit an instructor-signed Project Contract in Canvas
- Present your Honors project in class then submit that project in Canvas
- Attend one Honors Co-Curricular event and submit a 500-750 word reflection summary afterwards in Canvas
- Submit an instructor-signed End of Semester Checklist form showing the grade from the project in Canvas
- Honors projects must receive a final grade of "C" or higher; project must be completed in an EMCC class
Please Note: Classes below the 100 level will not be factored in for scholarship award. All aspects of scholarship requirements must be fulfilled to be awarded.
DACA and Dreamer students are welcome to apply to the Honors Program to earn Honors graduation distinction, which requires the same Eligibility Criteria listed above; however, scholarship funding cannot be awarded.
If you are a DACA or Dreamer student with questions or concerns, please contact the Honors Director, Dr. Norma Hernandez at: