The following scholarships are available only to academically gifted honors students who are enrolled in the fall or spring semesters. These funds are to assist students in reaching educational objectives.
All-AZ/All-USA Scholarship (Fall)
This is a merit-based scholarship competition which opens every fall semester. Students enrolled at EMCC in Fall 2019 and who also meet all eligibility criteria listed below may compete for the 2020 All-USA Scholarship Competition. In Fall 2019, Estrella Mountain Community College will nominate two students for the 2020 All-USA Academic Team Scholarship sponsored by Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society at EMCC. The scholarship pays two full years of tuition to one of our three Arizona public universities (ASU, NAU, or U of A) with money awarded for transfer in Fall 2020.
You must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Enrolled at EMCC for Fall 2019 for at least 6 semester hours,
- 3.5 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for all course work completed in the last 5 years, regardless of institution attended,
- Completion of 36 semester hours at the 100-level or above by the end of Fall Semester 2019 and 45 semester hours at the 100-level or above by the end of Spring Semester 2020,
- Plan to transfer to an accredited 4-year school for Fall 2020
Phi Theta Kappa membership is NOT required to compete or win scholarship awards. December graduates may compete, but awards are NOT available for use until transfer beginning Fall 2019.
Round One: Submission of an essay on the following topic:
In 500 words or less, describe your most significant endeavor since attending community college in which you applied your academic or intellectual skills from your community college education to benefit your school, community or society. (The endeavor may be in personal lives, engagement in student organizations, activities that exemplify initiative & leadership, research projects, creative performance, community service and/or service learning).
Essays will be submitted to a committee of EMCC judges, who will consider originality, initiative, degree of difficulty, results and benefit to society. The top-scoring essays from Round One will advance to Round Two, which are several sections of questions and short essays completed online on the ptk.org website. Applicants who are not PTK members will be able to register as a guest in order to complete their application.
Further details on essay submission instructions and deadlines will be announced in the early Fall 2019 semester.
Maricopa Colleges Faculty Foundation Scholarship (Fall)
Application website: http://mccfa.wildapricot.org/MCFF-Scholarships
- $500 scholarship and $250 scholarships
- Applicant must be enrolled at one of the 10 Maricopa Community Colleges or one of the Skills Centers
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Applicant must submit a completed application form with two faculty signatures
- 1 Completed scholarship application form
- 1 Copy of unofficial transcript(s)
- A typewritten essay of not more than two pages (double-spaced) describing your academic and professional goals and how your community college experience will help you achieve them
Chancellor's Scholarship (Spring)
- One year of in-county tuition of up to 18 credits per semester.
- $250 each semester for books and supplies
- Recipient is selected by the EMCC Honors Faculty Advisory Board.
- Chancellor's Scholarship Application
- The scholarship application deadline for the Chancellor's Scholarship is 5 p.m. on the fourth Friday of the spring semester (February 8, 2019).
Maricopa Foundation Scholarship (Spring)
- $1,000 scholarship ($500 per semester)
- Scholarship(s) will be awarded to the recipient(s) as determined by the EMCC Honors Faculty Advisory Board.
- Foundation Scholarship Application
- The scholarship application deadline for the Maricopa Foundation Scholarship is 5 p.m. on the fourth Friday of the spring semester (February 8, 2019).