"An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one." – Charles Horton Cooley
Estrella Mountain Community College Student Art Show/District Wide Show 2017
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. MST on Thursday, February 22, 2018.
- Submissions will be accepted from any student who is/was enrolled at EMCC during the 2017-2018 academic year (exclusive of faculty).
- Artwork entries must be submitted via the online entry page.
- Artwork must be submitted as a 72 dpi, 1000 pixel width JPG file.
- Each student may submit an entry maximum of 3 works of art.
- Accepted media include painting, drawing, sculpture (must be less than 2' deep), mixed media, photography, digital photography/illustration, and video (if you can provide the electronics for display).
The work will be juried by a group of faculty and staff from EMCC with an expertise in art. If your work is selected for the EMCC show, you will be contacted by an EMCC representative with further information and instructions. Selected artwork must then be delivered to Montezuma Hall Room 231 (Conference Room 1) by Wednesday February 28, by 5:00 p.m.
The exhibition will be mounted in the PAC Display case from March 5 – April 7, 2018.
All accepted work must be exhibition ready (i.e. framed, ready to hang with a wire across the back). Please attach the label information/write your name and contact information on the back of your piece. Alternative arrangements for the delivery of artwork can be made by contacting Jimmy Fike. By submitting your artwork to the EMCC Juried Student Art Show, students grant EMCC permission to use images/reproductions of the artwork for promotional/advertising purposes. Artist will maintain all copyrights. At the conclusion of the show please pick up your work from MON 231 in a timely manner.
Every reasonable effort will be made to safeguard your work during display and installation, but neither EMCC, the sponsors of the show, nor the preparators are responsible for accidental damages or loss. All work not picked up at the designated time on the designated date becomes the property of EMCC unless other arrangements are made in writing.