"An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one." – Charles Horton Cooley
Estrella Mountain Community College Student Art Show/District Wide Show 2017
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. MST on Thursday, February 16, 2017.
- Submissions will be accepted from any student who is/was enrolled at EMCC during the 2016-2017 academic year (exclusive of faculty).
- Artwork entries must be submitted via the online entry page.
- Artwork must be submitted as a 72 dpi, 1000 pixel width JPG file.
- Each student may submit an entry maximum of three works of art.
- Accepted media include painting, drawing, sculpture, mixed media, photography, digital photography/illustration, and video (if you can provide the electronics for display).
The work will be juried by a group of faculty and staff from EMCC. During this meeting, the jury will also select entries that are judged to be the 20 best pieces of art to submit for consideration for the Maricopa Community Colleges District Wide Art Exhibition. If your artwork is chosen for this one-night event in April, your art show entry will be temporarily removed from the campus show for display in the district exhibition.
If your work is selected for the EMCC show, you will be contacted by an EMCC representative with further information and instructions. Selected artwork must then be delivered to Montezuma Hall Room 231 (Conference Room 1) on Thursday, March 02, 2017, by 5:00 p.m. All work must be exhibition ready (i.e. framed, ready to hang with a wire across the back). Please attach a label/write your name and contact information on the back of your piece. Alternate arrangements for the delivery of artwork can be made by contacting Ryan Horvath. By submitting your artwork to the EMCC Juried Student Art Show, students grant EMCC permission to use images/reproductions of the artwork for promotional/advertising purposes. Artist will maintain all copyrights. At the conclusion of the show in mid-March, you will be contacted to arrange to pick up your artwork.
Every reasonable effort will be made to safeguard your work during display and installation, but neither EMCC, the sponsors of the show, nor the preparators are responsible for accidental damages or loss. All work not picked up at the designated time on the designated date becomes the property of EMCC unless other arrangements are made in writing.