Entries not meeting guidelines and requirements will not be accepted.
Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC) will now be accepting visual art submissions for the 2016-2017 issue of the Mariposa Literary Review.
- The artist must be a currently enrolled "for credit" student at Estrella Mountain Community College (all faculty excluded), or a former student submitting work created in an Estrella Mountain Community College class during 2015-2016 or 2016-2017. Entries must be of works created during the students' enrollment in credit courses at an MCCCD college.
- Entries must be received by the Division of Arts and Composition online no later than 5:00 PM (MST) on Friday, December 9, 2016.
- Entries cannot be works from a previous issue of EMCC's Literary Review or previous publication. The only exception is a publication directly related to Estrella Mountain Community College and Maricopa County Community College District (i.e., campus newspaper, classroom newsletter, etc).
- All entries must be submitted electronically. Analog or three dimensional work (paintings, sculpture, non-digital photography) should be photographed and submitted online, or the box 'I do not have a digital image of my art, and will need a photograph taken' marked.
- Digital artwork must be submitted online, in print quality, high resolution (300 dpi). The longest dimension should be 8". Save the image as a TIFF file.
- Entrants may only submit one entry per category. Contestants must complete the online entry form for each entry.
- Accepted media include: original painting, sculpture, collage, watercolor, drawing, photography, and digital media.
- Non-digital entries will be photographed for publication. Submit pieces that will photograph and transfer well to print media.
If you require assistance from the college with taking a photograph of your work, you must check the box 'I do not have a digital image of my art, and will need a photograph taken.' You will be contacted by the Division of Arts and Composition to bring your piece to campus. All entries must be picked up from the A&C Office in the Faculty Office area on the second floor of Montezuma Hall. Any entries not retrieved by that date will become the property of EMCC unless other arrangements are made in writing.
The judges will be EMCC faculty and staff with expertise in the visual arts.