Class: BASIC DRAWING
- 11" x17" or, preferably, 18" x 24" pad of paper
- Pencils: one 2H and one 2B
- Kneaded Eraser
- 18" Ruler
- Small, plastic T Square
- Small pencil sharpener
If you already have supplies, bring what you have. More pencils are good or if you have different #'s as long as one is hard and one is soft.
Class: Children's Book Illustration: An Intro. to Mixing Media
- Tombow black brush pen
- Watercolor paper pad Cold press any size larger than 8.5" x 11"
- Basic water color set containing at least the 5 primary colors
- Set of colored pencils
- Aqua brush any size (An Aqua brush has a hollow handle that you fill with water and squeeze water out onto the brush)
- Mars Staedtler Plastic Eraser or Kneaded Eraser and a pencil
- Any basic assortment of markers or favorite paints the student likes to work with
Class: Comic Book Illustration: Super Hero Anatomy
- 11" x 17" pad of paper or larger
- Lead Holder with non-photo blue lead refill pack
- Mars Staedtler Plastic Eraser or Kneaded Eraser
- Lead Pointer (a sharpener for lead holders or at least a sanding pad)
- Set of colored pencils with a separate sharpener for them
Class: Beginning & Intermediate Water Colors
- 9 x 12 watercolor pad or 11 x 15 paper (Strathmore or Canson, 140 lb, acid free)
- 3 different watercolor paint brushes
- Cloth Rag
- Rubber Cement
- A bold or medium tip calligraphy pen (instructor prefers Sheaffer). You can buy a set or one pen, they come with ink cartridges.
Class: GOURD PAINTING
- Bring an apron or wear an old shirt. Paint and dyes used will not come out of clothing.
Class: Oil Painting
- One canvas or canvas panel 8" x10" or 16" x 20"
- Two Brushes: Hog Bristle, flat or filbert, both #4 (Robert Simmons "Signet" for example)
- Regular size tube, 37-40 ml of Ultramarine blue, Hansa yellow (PY3), Napthol red light, medium or Crimson oil paint
- Large tube white, titanium or titanium/zinc mix. Student grade is acceptable and less expensive.
- Small can odorless mineral spirits and a jar with a lid to clean your brushes.
Optional additional supplies:
- Canvas panel, approximate 9" x 12"
- Brushes: Hog Bristle, flat or filbert, #2 and two #6
- Inexpensive table top or larger easel
If you do not have all the supplies, come anyway. You can use some of the instructors equipment/items to help you learn what to buy.
Class: STAINED GLASS
- Oil Fed Stained Glass Cutter
- Paper and Pen to take notes