The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in VMware Foundations program is designed to help students prepare for VMware industry certifications and work in a variety of information technology environments including software defined data centers. The program introduces vSphere and VMware ESXi server in the enterprise and covers many aspects of virtualization for VMware ESXi server administration. It is designed to prepare students for the VMware Foundations (VCA) certification exam. Students can also pursue additional Certificates of Completion (CCLs) in a variety of specializations within the information technology field to deepen their knowledge and skills and to help prepare them for multiple industry certification examinations. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Network and Systems Administration is also available.
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Apply virtualization concepts to hardware hierarchies.
- Design, install, configure, and manage VMware environments including basic network functions.
- Troubleshoot and document virtual networks.
- Build an enterprise level virtual network infrastructure using industry best practices.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Arizona-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information.
Computer Network Support Specialists
Computer Systems Analysts
Information Security Analysts
Network and Computer Systems Administrators
This Certificate of Completion (CCL) is intended for industry professionals with the requisite experience. To pursue this CCL, students must complete the prerequisites to the courses within the Required Courses area as follows OR receive permission of the Program Director:
CIS105 Survey of Computer Information Systems 3
+ BPC170 A+ Exam Prep: Computer Hardware Configuration and Support (3) AND
+ BPC270 A+ Exam Prep: Operating System Configuration and Support (3) OR
MST150++ Any Windows Operation Course (3) 3-6
CIS126DL Linux Operating System (3) OR
CIS126RH Red Hat System Administration I (3) 3
+ CIS190 Introduction to Networking (3) OR
CNT140AB Introduction to Networks (3) 3
Students also have the option to complete the full CCL in this program, VMware Network Administrator (major code 5032), that includes the prerequisites and required courses.
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include AAA/CPD150, AAA/CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
Part-time status is 11 credit hours or less.
|CIS197||VMware ESXI Server Enterprise||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in [CIS105 and (BPC270 or MST150++) and (CIS126DL or CIS126RH) and (CIS190 or CNT140AB)] or permission of Instructor.||3|
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
This certificate is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in VMware Foundations (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=143626).
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.