Computer Science is the study of the what, the how, and the why in computers. It covers everything from the inner workings of circuit boards to how we interact with technology in our daily lives. It also happens to be one of the fastest growing and highest paying career fields out there. The Computer Science courses at Estrella Mountain will give you a foundation of critical thinking skills and hands-on experience needed to succeed at the university level.
So if you have a passion for technology, consider a degree in Computer Science.
- Forbes has the average starting salary of Computer Science grads listed at $60,000.
- Estrella Mountain has now offered all of the classes required to complete the Computer Science MAPP (Maricopa to ASU Pathways Program) as of Fall 2014.
- Equipped with first-rate computer labs
- Up-to-date software
- Class sizes are capped at 20 students
- Flexible open lab hours
- Concepts of problem solving
- Fundamental algorithms and techniques
- Digital design
- Object-Oriented programming and design
- Different programming languages
CSC110 Intro to Computer Science (Java)
CSC120 Digital Design Fundamentals
CSC205 Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structures
CSC230 Computer Organization and Assembly Language
CSC240 Intro to Different Programming Languages
Here are a few websites to help you if you think you are interested in a career in Computer Science.
Khan Academy: Has instructional videos and interactive exercises in Math, Computer Science, History, and more.
Code.org: An interactive and instructional website designed for one thing, to help you learn to code.
Codecademy: Another interactive instructional website to teach you to code.