Cybersecurity is the body of technologies, processes and practices designed to protect networks, computers, programs and data from attack, damage or unauthorized access, change or destruction. In a computing context, the term security implies cybersecurity. The Cybersecurity Center courses at Estrella Mountain will give you a foundation of skills and hands-on experience needed to succeed at the university level.
The goal of the Cybersecurity Center is for Two-Year Education programs to proactively increase our understanding of robust Information Assurance and Cyber Defense (IA/CD) technology, policy and practices that will enable our Nation to effectively prevent and respond to a catastrophic cyber event. This program will contribute significantly to the advancement of state-of-the-art IA/CD knowledge and practice.
Center of Academic Excellence (CAE)
Estrella Mountain Community College has proudly been designated a National Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Cyber Defense Two-Year Education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security. https://www.caecommunity.org/
Degrees and Certificates
Click here to see Degrees and Certificates offered at EMCC for Cybersecurity.
Partnering Universities offering degrees with Maricopa transfer paths within Cybersecurity or related fields:
- ASU Information Assurance (Scholarships available)
- Exelsior College
- Northern Arizona University
- CWW Cyberwatch West
- National Cybersecurity Institute
- CW-National CyberWatch Center
- CSSIA - National Center for Systems Security and Information Assurance
- National Convergence Technology Center
- National CyberWatch Center proudly presents "Cybersecurity Education Solutions for the Nation" by unveiling a New Website!
- Train-the-Trainer Workshops - Don't delay, seats are limited! The National Resources Center for System Security and Information Assurance and National CyberWatch Center are pleased to announce the spring/summer training schedule. Essentials 1 & 2: Firewall Installation, Configuration, and Management, CISSP, Netlabs+ User Community Workshops, SCADA and many more! Register Today!
- CSSIE-The Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education
- Southeastern Cyber Security Summit
- Play to Learn, Learn to Play. Looking for a place to LEARN about more cybersecurity competitions? Wanting a location to PROMOTE your existing cybersecurity competition? Go to CyberFed Today!
- ONE-STOP-SHOP for Cybersecurity Competition Federation (CyberFed)
- Innovation in Cybersecurity Education
- CSSIA TRAIN-the-TRAINER
- Cybersecurity - Like It, Love It, Watch It! SUBSCRIBE TODAY!
- STAY-UP-TO-DATE with The Cyberfed Show!
- A Global View of Cyber Attacks in 257 Organizations
- Cyber Heists: What Happened, Mistakes Made, Courts' Reaction, and What You Should Do!
- Protecting Your APIs Against Attack & Hijack
- Compare two caching software configurations
- Optimize mobile web app performance, availability, and security with ease
- National Cybersecurity Institute Journal (Download or Read Online)
- VWware Education ViewPoint - Issue 8, March 2015
- Cybersecurity in Our Digital Lives: by Jane LeClair and Gregory Keeley (Excelsior College Press; April 2015) Purchase Here!