EMCC's Adjunct Faculty Mentoring Program (AFMP) is the Applied Integration component of Estrella’s Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Program. Consistent with mentoring research representing diverse organizational settings and research specific to higher education, the mentoring component was created by the EMCC Adjunct Faculty Professional Learning Community. It has a two-fold purpose
- The transfer of best practices to the classroom, and
- Continuous improvement of teaching and learning.
This innovative mentoring program is in alignment with the following:
- MCCCD Strategic Plan
- EMCC Vision, Mission, Purposes, Values
- EMCC Learning College Initiative
- Engage Estrella (EMCC is demonstrating a commitment to facilitating a mentoring culture).