Assessment in Action
Once a semester, the SAAC co-chairs (in coordination with Dean Sylvia Orr and others) facilitate a workshop on assessment for adjunct faculty. The learning objectives for this workshop encompasss a broad variety of topics, including:
1. Identify and discuss levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy.
2. Choose teaching practices that correlate with levels of learning.
3. Understand the critical role assessment plays in student learning.
4. Explain how assessment fits into the learning college model and accreditation.
5. Discuss assessment activities that correlate with EMCC’s Gen Ed matrix.
6. Differentiate course, program and college-level assessment.
7. Become literate in navigating the Comprehensive Assessment Tracking System.
Please see attached for copies of the PowerPoints from the latest AIA workshops.