A Budget Transfer allows the division to move budget within an EMCC FMS Department. The budget transfer only impacts the current fiscal year budget. Budget transfers cannot move budget between funds ( i.e. budget from Fund 1 to Fund 2), to district/sister college or to move expenses. Permanent budget transfer requests should be coordinated with the College Budget Office.
Process to Request Budget Transfer
- Review division budget via FMS Account Summary Inquiry (ASI)
- Determine amount to transfer including the budget need for entire fiscal year
- Send email to Budget Office - Maggie Castillo and Jim Mitter and cc Leda Johnson and the FMS Budget Manager with the following information:
- Division Name
- Description - Why is budget transfer being requested?
- Transfer from
- Transfer to
- Amount (include budget need for entire fiscal year)
- Include GLBU, Account, Operating Unit, Fund, Department and Function for the transfer from and to. Example: EMC10-5xxxx-EMMAINCA-110-801234-INSTRUCTON
Note: If a Budget Transfer has been sent to cover an expense and the requisition is currently in process, the requisition can continue to go through the approval process prior to the Budget Transfer being processed. The budget request may not be processed till the end of the month, however requisitions and petty cash can be submitted prior to the budget transfer being posted.