The Procurement Card - ProCard program allows Requisitioners to purchase goods via a VISA Card. The Procard is issued to full time MCCCD employees for the purposes of purchasing items for their division without the hassle of requisitions, purchase orders and invoices. The ProCard is tied to the division's FMS Department and transactions are reconciled monthly in FMS.
**District now offers ProCard training sessions specific to cardholders and ProCard training sessions specific to ProCard reviewers.**
Steps to Requesting New ProCard:
- Full time employee and Supervisor must complete all FMS training and have access to FMS purchasing - New FMS Accounts prior to requesting a Procard or Procard reviewer access
- Employee registers for Procard Training for cardholders via the Employee Learn Center
- Supervisor registers for Procard Training for reviewers via the Employee Learn Center
(Both the cardholder and reviewer must attend their specific Procard Training)
- Once the FMS and the Procard training has been completed, Supervisor sends an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org requesting Procard access for both employee (cardholder) and supervisor (reviewer).
Include the following information for both in the email:
- Email address
- Date of training for both employee (cardholder) and supervisor (reviewer)
- Attach cardholder and reviewer Employee Learn Center transcript or screen shot showing ProCard training completed
- Fiscal Services will request a new account from District
- Cardholder and reviewer will be notified via email when their account has been established
- ProCard can only be used for goods/supplies/official function purchases
- Procard cardholder and reviewer must reconcile transactions monthly
- VISA cycle closes on the 15th each month
Reconciliation: The cardholder and reviewer must review and approve all transactions in FMS Procard Reconciliation. Reconciliation requires the following steps:
- Confirm charge is valid
- Enter complete description with business purpose in comments field
- Attach/upload supporting documentation in a single PDF
- Reallocate chartfield string if necessary
- Enter tax reporting information
- Update transaction status
Allowable Purchases under Procard: Procard can only be used for general supplies or travel purchases.
- General Office Supplies
- Tangible Goods
- Official Functions - See Official Functions
- Travel: Airfare, Lodging, Registration and Ground Transportation
Prohibited Purchases under Procard (not full list):
- All Services
- Taggable and Capital Items: A capital purchase is defined as any individual piece of equipment priced over $1,000. Taggable Items are items like cameras or any items that are checked out to employees or students.
- Kitchen appliances (refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, dishwasher, etc.) for the personal use of employees (pursuant with Purchasing Policy 316)
- Technology Purchases –these items must be coordinated for EMCC IT
- Furniture Purchases: Furniture purchases including chairs, desks, tables, bookshelves, etc. must be coordinated through EMCC Facilities.
- To view a completed list of restricted/prohibited purchases please review the MCCCD Procurement Card Policy.
Travel Purchases: Prior to any purchase or reservation for travel on the Procard, the traveler must have a fully approved online FMS Travel Authorization (TA). The TA must be approved by all levels (Supervisor, PG, Department, Fiscal and Executive) prior to using the Procard. Procard holder must have the approved TA email and the FMS Chartfield String/accounting details from traveler prior to using the Procard. The TA number must be referenced on all transaction comments and the FMS TA approval email attached. All travel expenses must adhere to travel policies listed under the EMCC Travel web pages and be the most economical means. Procard can be used for the following travel expenses:
- Airfare – Basic Economy
- Ground Transportation
See the EMCC Travel web pages for more information.