The Procurement Card - ProCard program allows Requisitioners to purchase goods via a VISA Card. The Procard is issued to full time MCCCD employees for the purposes of purchasing items for their division without the hassle of requisitions, purchase orders and invoices. The ProCard is tied to the division's FMS Department and transactions are reconciled monthly in FMS.
How to request a Procard:
- Contact Leda Johnson, Ext. 58868 if the division is interested in getting a Procard.
- Procard is for full-time employees (RPS not eligible)
- Attend FMS training and have FMS purchasing access - FMS Training
- Attend District Purchasing Procard training - Purchasing Card Training Schedule
- Send email request to Fiscal Services for Procard application
- ProCard can only be used for goods/supplies/official function purchases
- Procard cardholder and reviewer must reconcile transactions monthly
- VISA cycle closes on the 15th each month
The cardholder and reviewer must review and approve all transactions in FMS Procard Reconciliation. Reconciliation requires the following steps:
- Confirm charge is valid
- Enter complete description with business purpose in comments field
- Attach/upload supporting documentation in a single PDF
- Reallocate chartfield string if necessary
- Enter tax reporting information
- Update transaction status
Allowable Purchases under Procard: Procard can only be used for general supplies or travel purchases.
- General Office Supplies
- Tangible Goods
- Official Functions - See Official Functions
- Travel: Airfare, Hotel, Conference Registration and Ground Transportation
Prohibited Purchases under Procard (not full list):
- All Services
- Taggable and Capital Items: A capital purchase is defined as any individual piece of equipment priced over $1,000. Taggable Items are items like cameras or any items that are checked out to employees or students.
- Kitchen appliances (refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, dishwasher, etc.) for the personal use of employees (pursuant with Purchasing Policy 316)
- Technology Purchases –these items must be coordinated for EMCC IT
- Furniture Purchases: Furniture purchases including chairs, desks, tables, bookshelves, etc. must be coordinated through EMCC Facilities.
- To view a completed list of restricted/prohibited purchases please review the MCCCD Purchasing Card User's Guide.
Travel Purchases: Prior to any purchase or reservation for travel on the Procard, the traveler must have a fully approved online FMS Travel Authorization (TA). The TA must be approved by all levels (Supervisor, PG, Department, Executive and Fiscal) prior to using the Procard. The TA number must be referenced on all transaction comments in CAR. Procard can be used for the following travel expenses:
- Ground Transportation