Congratulations and Welcome to Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC)! EMCC embraces the learning college philosophy where learning happens anytime, anyway, anyplace.
The Maricopa Community Colleges (MCCCD) is pleased to offer its employees a comprehensive Flexible Benefit Program to all Benefit Eligible Employees. For more information about the benefits offered by MCCCD please visit: https://hr.maricopa.edu/benefits
You are eligible to gain Employee Benefits if you are employed by MCCCD in one of the following categories and occupy a budgeted position.
- Employees who are regularly scheduled to work at least 30 hours a week.
- Residential faculty members compensated by MCCCD who carry at least a three-quarter (.75 FTE) teaching load (visiting or part-time faculty members are not eligible).
When Does My Coverage Begin?
New employee - coverage begins on the first day of the month after 30 days have elapsed from your start date, provided you have enrolled and submitted your elections online in HCM Self-Service and submitted all required documents to the Benefits department (District Office). You must have completed at least one hour of service with MCCCD.
Per IRS regulations, employees must sign up for their benefits prior to their benefits start date. You may complete your benefit elections online in HCM Self-Service and submit any required documents at the New Employee Orientation, but not later than the deadline date provided in your New Employee Orientation invitation email. Required documents not submitted at the New Employee Orientation meeting must be submitted to the Benefits department (District Office) by fax (480-731-8484) scan/email or submitted in person no later than the deadline date provided in your New Employee Orientation invitation email.
Know What Benefits Are Available To You
Benefits Automatically Provided by MCCCD at no cost to you
- $20,000 Group Term Life Insurance
- $15,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Mid-term Disability
Benefits Elected by You the Employee
- Supplemental Individual or Family Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Supplemental And Dependent Life
- Short-term Disability
View the Benefit Plan Highlights/Changes 2017-18 (pdf) to learn about:
- Required forms and supplemental paperwork
- 2017-2018 Medical plans comparison
- Supplemental Life Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance, Supplemental AD&PL, Short Term Disability
- Costs and Credits
- Wellness Incentive Dollars
- Eligible Dependent Information
- Third party Administrator (TPA) - Meritain Health
- Pharmacy Benefit Manger (PBM) - Human RX
Review the FY 2017-18 Employee Benefits Rate Chart to learn about:
- Employee Benefits Rates and determine your out of pocket cost
- FY 2017-18 Employee Benefits Rates-Effective 7/7/2017
A complete listing of all the Benefits offered by MCCCD can be found on the District Benefits web page. Please feel free to contact their office at any time if you need assistance.
New Hire Benefit overview and Self-Service benefit enrollment instructions.
Access your Benefit information, please click here.
- Life Evidence of Insurability - To be completed if you are electing supplemental life insurance over $150,000. Please refer to the Benefits New Hire Presentation for guidelines.
- Short-Term Disability Evidence of Insurability - To be completed if you are enrolling in short-term disability in an amount greater than $1450. Please refer to the Benefits New Hire Presentation for guidelines.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- HIPAA Privacy Procedure
- HIPAA Privacy Notice Healthcare Benefits
- Your COBRA Rights
- Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
The Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
The ASRS was created to provide retirement and other benefits for Arizona employees, including faculty and employees of the state's political subdivisions who signed membership contracts. Maricopa Community Colleges is a Plan employer of the Arizona State Retirement System and all employees of MCCCD become members of the System once eligibility requirements are satisfied.
- All board-approved employees of MCCCD are required to participate in the ASRS program.
- Employees are required to make contributions to the ASRS Plan if they work for twenty hours or more per week for twenty weeks or more in a fiscal year.
- For Faculty, one load hour is equivalent to two clock hours.
- Board-approved employees must also contribute to the Social Security System.
To enroll online into the Arizona State Retirement System use the following link:
- Enter Enrollment Code "0OQ00085"
For more information regarding the ASRS click on the following Benefits page:
Please feel free to contact our offices, any time, if you need assistance.