Estrella Mountain Community College Receiving provides shipping and receiving functions for the College. Receiving is a function of Fiscal Services.
Receiving plays a vital role in the procurement process, which includes verifying purchases against purchase orders (POs) or ProCard holders, delivering orders to the campus, and online receiving Goods orders via the EMCC Financial Management System (FMS).
Location: Physical Plant
Phone: (623) 935-8293
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
All shipments to the campus must be delivered to EMCC Receiving, located at the Physical Plant. Please inform suppliers that deliveries are accessible to EMCC Receiving via the Thomas Road entrance.
Goods received will generally be delivered to respective on-campus locations by 4:00 p.m. the next business day (i.e., the day following delivery to campus).
A copy of the packing slip is provided to the Requester at time of delivery.
- Remind suppliers that they must include the PO number or ProCard Cardholder Name and contact person on the packing slip.
- Contact Receiving if you are expecting a large shipment.
- If items are picked up from the supplier or the supplier delivers directly to Requisitioner, the Requisitioner must provide Receiving with a copy of the packing slip or supporting documentation. A copy of the packing slip is provided to the Requester with every delivery.
Receiving of Goods Purchase Orders
- All Goods POs require online receiving via FMS. Online receiving is completed by EMCC Receiving and is an important part of the purchasing process.
- Online receiving authorizes FMS to pay the invoice against a Goods PO.
- Goods POs will be online received within two business days from delivery date.
- Requisitioner must contact Receiving within two business days and report any discrepancies.
EMCC Receiving can assist with shipping of goods. The college has a FedEx account for our shipping needs. Packing supplies including airbills are available through Receiving.
Shipping via FedEx:
- Contact Receiving to discuss shipping options
- Complete a pre-printed FedEx airbill
- Pack/seal contents in envelope or box
- Deliver shipment to Receiving or contact Receiving for pickup
FedEx shipments fully prepared prior to 12:00 p.m. will be shipped the same day, after 12:00 p.m. will be shipped the next business day.
FedEx online allows you to track your package with the tracking number from your airbill copy.
Campus Recycling of Printer Supplies
EMCC has coordinated with various printer companies to recycle our used ink and toner cartridges and drums. Contact EMCC Receiving for collection of all used printer components.