Join this workshop for families and individuals addressing growing up, puberty, and healthy relationships and boundaries, all hosted by the DSNetwork of Arizona January 10-11, 2020.
"Bodies, Boundaries & Puberty" takes place at Estrella Mountain Community College Conference Center, located at 3000 N. Dysart Road, Avondale, AZ 85392. The presentation will be given by Terri Couwenhoven, MS, a celebrated author, presenter and Certified Sexuality Educator.
The event starts Friday night and ends Saturday afternoon. The full schedule with sessions is below:
- Friday, Jan. 10 - "All About Puberty" session @ 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 11 - "Bodies, Boundaries & Puberty: Parents/Daughter Workshop" @ 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 11 - Lunch @ 11:00 a.m. - noon
- Saturday, Jan. 11 - "Bodies, Boundaries & Puberty: Parents/Son Workshop" @ noon - 2:00 p.m.
Parents should plan to attend the Friday workshop without their tween/teen and attend the Saturday workshop with their tween/teen.
*Friday's workshop is not for tweens/teens; respite is free for any tween/teen attending Saturday's workshop.
One ticket costs just $15 for the entire family for the two-day workshop for parents/caregivers/providers of tweens and teens with Down syndrome or intellectual/developmental disabilities (recommended for ages 9 - 15).
Additional Ticket Prices:
- $15 - Students w/student ID (Friday only)
- $50 - Professionals & Others (Friday only)
- $125 - Exhibitor/Vendor Table (Saturday only)
Continuing Education Credits are available. Free respite will be provided. Questions? Contact info@DSNetworkAZ.org or 480-759-9150