MCCCD conducted student focus groups and found that students prefer to learn about college resources and services by having a faculty or staff member refer them. Many students are unaware of the support services offered. Quick references were created to connect students to campus resources.
Employees can access these summary tools (downloads) and use for student success in and out of the classroom:
- Student Success flier: Information students said they wish they knew during the first few weeks of classes, but didn't. Flier contains the info!
- Activities: suggestions for utilizing and incorporating the flier into student conversations and classroom activities.
- Stop B4 You Drop bookmark: Printable summary of the impact dropping a class might have on a student.
- Learn.Engage.Connect. bookmark: Printable reminder of what Learn. Engage. Connect. 'means'.
- Conversation Starters: To bring awareness of academic deadlines and possible 'best practices', the list of conversation starters is useful for employees to initiate conversations with students.
Feel free to download items and distribute to students as appropriate. Connect students to the resources they need to be successful!