The Business programs at EMCC provide students with the practical and technical skills and training that lead to a rewarding career in a variety of fields.
The Business programs make the news quite often for innovation, community involvement and student success. Read the latest.
Calendar of Events
The annual Student Orientation where students:
- Learn about the different Business degrees and certificates that we offer
- Visit with university transfer specialists from ASU, UA, NAU, GCU and other transfer partners, as well as EMCC advisors and Entrepreneur/DECA club officers and members
- Interact with successful student alumni
The annual Advisory Board, where business owners, managers, and university transfer specialists are invited to provide feedback on what characteristics and skills they're looking for in our student graduates as they prepare to transfer to the universities and/or enter the workforce.
The annual EMCC Small Business Expo and Marketplace brings together local West Valley businesses, employee business owners, and EMCC students to showcase and sell their respective goods and services to offer attendees the opportunity to meet a variety of area vendors.Taking place on the scenic EMCC campus, it’s a great opportunity to see the diversity of goods and services available from area businesses, make new connections, and foster consumer-to-business and business-to-business relationships that help strengthen the community and serves as a fundraiser for the Entrepreneur/DECA Club to offset operating costs and pay for state and international academic competitions.
The annual Business Career Panel, where successful business owners/managers provide our students with "real-world" perspectives on what it took for them to accomplish their goals, the pros and cons of their respective chosen careers, their experiences, and words of advice for our students hoping to be in their shoes one day. Time/Date and Location to be determined.
- Every student needs to attend the new student orientation. This event is designed to inform incoming students about the EMCC campus, available resources, faculty and staff expectations, opportunities offered, and the importance of identifying their personal and educational goals.
- When you enroll in a business program, you become part of the Business Institute. The Institute orientation is your opportunity to connect with faculty, staff, and other students. You’ll hear about resources just for your program, as well as be able to connect with a variety of EMCC’s business partners for future internships or scholarships.
- Finally, when you’re ready, you’ll want to keep an eye open for EMCC’s graduation deadlines in order to fully celebrate your big day.
Vice President of Sales and Branding
EMCC alumnus Justin Decknick is currently the vice president of Sales and Branding at Truly360, the largest Google Trusted Agency worldwide. It was the 2008 recession that helped him come to the decision to pursue a new educational opportunity. “I found myself needed an extra set of skills to be competitive and attractive in the marketplace,” he said. READ MORE.
What does EMCC’s Business Institute offer for learning spaces? Check out the photo gallery to see our state-of-the-art facilities and teaching spaces that give you the opportunity to learn, study and experience college life in realistic settings.