Thank you for your interest in our VITA sites!
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the VITA site at EMCC's Avondale campus is closed.
However, the IRS is extending the federal income tax filing deadline to July 15, which gives taxpayers three extra months to file their 2019 income tax returns. All taxpayers will have this additional time to file and make payments without interest or penalties.
Free VITA Tax Preparation Services
EMCC students who complete the ACC121 Income Tax Preparation course and successfully pass the IRS certification exam can volunteer to file income taxes for low-to-moderate income individuals and families.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $56,000 or less, persons with disabilities, and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
For more information on the IRS's VITA program, visit http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Free-Tax-Return-Preparation-for-You-by-Volunteers.
Who: For households earning less than $56,000
Questions: Email Puja Sachan at email@example.com
What to Bring: In order to prepare taxes accurately and efficiently, the following items will be required:
- Social Security cards, IRS ITIN card, or ITIN letter for all household members
- Picture ID for taxpayer (and spouses)
- Birth dates for all persons listed on the tax return
- Proof of all income, including W-2 and 1099 forms
- Name, address, and tax ID# of childcare provider
- Amount of money paid to childcare provider last year
- Account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- Copy of your 2018 tax return, if available
- If filing jointly, both adults must be present to sign the return.