Nuclear Uniform Curriculum Program (NUCP)
The Nuclear Uniform Curriculum Program was created by the Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI) to train and develop the future nuclear workforce.
The purpose of NEI is to foster and encourage the continued safe use and development of nuclear energy to meet the nation's energy, environmental and economic goals. In addition, NEI supports the nuclear energy industry by encouraging educational institutions to promote education in nuclear energy disciplines.
Students who successfully complete specific curriculum within the EMCC Power Systems Technology (PST) Program will receive a National Academy for Nuclear Training Certificate. The certificate states that the student has successfully completed nuclear fundamental training objectives as identified in National Academy for Nuclear Training Document ACAD 08-006.
The NUCP Certificate criteria requires students to complete program identified classes with a final grade of 80% or higher and complete all other requirements to graduate with the AAS in Power Systems Technology.
EMCC is proud that the AAS in Power Systems Technology offered by the Energy Institute is approved by the NEI and Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station to offer the NUCP certificate!
Applications for NUCP Certificate
NUCP Certificate applications and all associated documentation must be submitted to the Power Systems Technology program director by email. All applications will be audited to verify all coursework and requirements have been met. Students will be notified if they will be awarded the certificate once the audit has been completed.
Nuclear Uniform Curriculum Program (NUCP) Advisory Board
The advisory board meets quarterly to discuss job preparedness and suggest improvements to the current degree experience for students.
Advisory Board Members:
- Frank Perkins, Faculty, Estrella Mountain Community College
- Paul Bury, Arizona Public Service-Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
- Theodore Green, Arizona Public Service- Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
- Charles Hankins, Arizona Public Service- Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
- James Hettel, Arizona Public Service-Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
- Jerry McCarter, Day & Zimmermann
- Steve Griffiths, Estrella Mountain Community College
- Robert Routolo, Arizona Public Service- Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
- Joe Waid, Arizona Public Service- Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
- Robert Witzak, Arizona Public Service- Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station