Public Safety Orientation
Attend an orientation on campus and find college resources and opportunities directly related to Administration of Justice and Fire Science.
- Dates: Monday, September 16, 2013
- Time: 12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
- Location: EMCC, Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL)
Administration of Justice Club
The Administration of Justice club provides valuable insight into the daily operational and organizational concerns of criminal justice agencies. It was awarded Organization of the Year for 2012/2013. As a member of the Administration of Justice club, you will be exposed to people and programs in the industry, including:
Field Trips: Get first-hand experience observing law enforcement professionals in action. Club members have visited:
- Arizona Law Enforcement Academy
- Maricopa County Forensic Science Center
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Crime Lab
- Tent City
- Several state prisons
Brown Bag Presentations: Guest speakers presenting to the Club have included:
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Crime Lab
- an organized-crime investigator from New York City
- special agents from:
- the United States Marshal’s Service
- the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Drug Enforcement Administration
- a Maricopa County Superior Court Judge
- ….and many others
Community Service: The AJS Club is involved in community service projects which have included food, clothing and toy drives for United Way, Toys for Tots, the Agua Fria Food Bank and other worthy organizations.
The first AJS Club meeting of Fall 2013 will be held on Monday August 26 at 12:00 pm, in Ocotillo Room 116.
For more information on the student club, contact:
James Cervan, MA
Program Director, Administration of Justice Studies
Cheryl Thurman, MS
Faculty, Administration of Justice Studies