"Make Civility the Norm on Your Team"
Christine Porath | January 2, 2018
"When establishing specific principles you want employees to follow in how they treat others, I’ve found that it’s beneficial to engage them in an ongoing conversation about what civility means. These discussions garner more support and empower employees to hold one another accountable for civil behavior." Read the full article here.
Source: Porath, C. (2018, January 2). Make Civility the Norm on Your Team. Retrieved from Harvard Business Review: https://hbr.org/2018/01/make-civility-the-norm-on-your-team
"Proof That Positive Work Cultures Are More Productive"
Emma Seppälä and Kim Cameron | December 1, 2015
"Wellbeing comes from one place, and one place only — a positive culture.
Creating a positive and healthy culture for your team rests on a few major principles. Our own research (see here and here) on the qualities of a positive workplace culture boils down to six essential characteristics:
- Caring for, being interested in, and maintaining responsibility for colleagues as friends.
- Providing support for one another, including offering kindness and compassion when others are struggling.
- Avoiding blame and forgive mistakes.
- Inspiring one another at work.
- Emphasizing the meaningfulness of the work.
- Treating one another with respect, gratitude, trust, and integrity."
Read the full article here.
Source: Seppälä, E., & Cameron, K. (2015, December 1). Proof That Positive Work Cultures Are More Productive. Retrieved from Harvard Business Review: https://hbr.org/2015/12/proof-that-positive-work-cultures-are-more-produ...