Welcome to the The Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness (OPIE).
We provide planning and research assistance for all Estrella Mountain divisions. The office is responsible for the following:
- Coordinating the EMCC Strategic Planning Process
- Facilitating the development of college-wide and divisional plans
- Coordinating the implementation of the Institutional Effectiveness & Program Review processes
- Providing administrative support and analysis for the Student Academic Achievement Committee and facilitating the collection of student learning data
- Providing research and consultation services in support of program and service improvements
- Supporting HLC accreditation activities
- Providing grant development and evaluation assistance
- Monitoring state and federal compliance
We provide strategic planning, research support, grants support and leadership to improve decision-making, promote continuous improvement of programs and services, and enhance student success and learning. Our primary customers are the employees who work to support the success of our students.