About Creative Writing
This is an inclusive, flexible 24 credit program to reach the Certificate of Completion in Creative Writing, and for students who wish to transfer to a Creative Writing Program at a university, or for those who wish to hone their skills with faculty who are practicing writers. The program’s faculty are multicultural and internationally focused, offering students access to nationally recognized authors and poets. A portfolio is required to enter, but faculty are available and eager to assist students prior to their portfolio submission.
- Transfer to university creative writing programs
- Application for fellowships, writer’s colonies and writing competitions
- Publication in peer reviewed journals
Why Creative Writing @ EMCC?
- It is the first of its kind in the West Valley
- It provides access to a national and international network of published writers via seminar, webinar, and online format
- It works with other Fine Arts programs on campus to provide a comprehensive fine arts experience
University Transfer Options
Maricopa Degree Options
|At EMCC, get a degree in...||And transfer to a university to get a degree in...|
|Associate in Arts (AA)||Bachelor of Arts|
Maricopa-ASU Pathway Program
This program has an MAPP (Maricopa-ASU Pathway Program) option. For more information about the MAPP program and to find additional information, see the MAPP page.