In order to become a student in the Culinary Studies Program (A.A.S. and CCL's), students must complete the
- Enroll in the college and meet with the Student Specialist for Culinary Studies. Define your goals with the advisor as to what you are seeking within the program: AAS Degree, Certificate of Completion, Baking and Pastry, and/or transfer to a four year institution.
- Program pre-requisites require the completion of the following courses with a "C" or better: ENG091, RDG091, and MAT 090, 091or 092,
or placement into higher level English, Reading, and Math courses
or equivalent by assessment.
- Register for classes with assistance from Culinary Studies Student Specialist.
- Attend a Culinary Institute Orientation.
- Obtain a Maricopa County Food Service Worker Certificate before the start of classes. More information can be found at www.maricopafoodworker.com
- Purchase uniforms and tools that are required for lab courses. More information on uniforms and tools can be found at /institutes/culinary-institute/tools-reqs