The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in IT Security Associate program is designed to help to prepare students for a variety of industry-recognized information technology (IT) security certification exams as well as to provide practical hands-on skills for the work place. The program also includes fundamental knowledge and skills in system administration, network administration, IT management and compliance necessary to inform the practices of IT security.
Students must earn a grade "C" or better for all courses required within the program. ++ indicates any module/suffixed courses.
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|CNT140AA||Cisco - Introduction to Networks||4|
|MST150++||Any Microsoft Windows Operating System course||3|
|CIS111||Ethics in Information Technology||3|
|CIS126DL||Linux Operating System||3|
|CIS250||Management of Information Systems||3|
|CIS271DB||Information Security Essentials||3|
|CIS272DB||Information Security Principles||3|
- Demonstrate understanding of fundamental networking concepts including IP addressing and the TCP/IP protocol suite. (CNT140AA)
- Perform system administration activities. (CIS126DL, MST150++)
- Demonstrate information technology management skills including compliance with industry and governmental standards and legal requirements.(CIS250)
- Explain the fundamental components, concepts and application of information security principles. (CIS271DB)
- Mitigate risks such as threats, attacks and vulnerabilities that impact the IT infrastructure using security tools and techniques (CIS272DB)
- Analyze ethical considerations that arise from the implementation and use of information technology. (CIS111)