The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Firefighter Operations provides the opportunity for individuals seeking employment in various firefighting settings to acquire the minimum standard firefighting skills needed in the field.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
EMT104 requires students to complete additional hours in a competency-based clinical, vehicular, and/or scenario based experience. Depending on the college, this may be completed through EMT104AB or program director-approved rotation.
Completion of Program Prerequisites. Formal application and admission to the program is required.
|EMT101||Basic Life Support/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Health Care Providers (0.50)|
|Current validation in Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider/Professional Rescuer (0) OR|
|Permission of Program Director(0) 0-0.50|
|EMT/FSC104||Emergency Medical Technology (9) AND|
|EMT/FSC104AB||Applied Practical Studies for Emergency Medical Technology (0.5)|
|EMT/FSC104||Emergency Medical Technology (9)|
|Arizona State EMT Certification (0) OR|
|Arizona State Paramedic Certification (0) OR|
|Permission of Program Director 0-9.5|
|FSC105||Hazardous Materials/First Responder||3|
|FSC130||Fitness for Firefighters/CPAT (1) OR|
|Verification of CPAT completion (0) OR|
|Permission of Program Director||0-1|
|FSC102||Fire Department Operations||11|
|FSC134||Fitness and Conditioning for Firefighters||3|
- Describe the theory of fire behavior, including types of fires, and explain how building construction relates to firefighting operations. (FSC102)
- Identify and describe the types, functions, and maintenance of firefighting apparatus, and demonstrate the appropriate and safe use of each. (FSC102)
- Identify, describe, and explain fire department operations, including equipment, personnel, and administrative policies. (FSC102)
- Demonstrate the use of proper tools, standard operating procedures, and firefighter skills in a variety of firefighting situations and firefighter tasks. (FSC102)
- Describe the physical requirements for performing basic firefighting tasks. (FSC134)
- Apply skills of mental aspects of performance required in physical agility testing and firefighting. (FSC134)