The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Microsoft Desktop Support Technology program is designed to provide training for entry-level computer maintenance and help-desk positions. Students will develop the skills to troubleshoot desktop environments running on the Microsoft Windows operating system. Courses in the program also help to prepare for the Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 (MCITP) examinations, 70-680 and 70-685.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in all courses within the program.
++ indicates any module/suffixed courses.
|In lieu of the courses listed below, students with experience in the information technology field may meet these program prerequisite requirements with the permission of the Instructor.|
|CIS121AB||Microsoft Command Line Operations (1) OR|
|CIS121AH||Microsoft PowerShell/Command Line Operations (3) OR|
|Permission of Instructor or Program Director||0-3|
|CIS102||Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills for IT Professionals||1|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|BPC170||A+ Exam Prep: Computer Hardware Configuration and Support||3|
|CIS190||Introduction to Local Area Networks (3) OR|
|CNT140AA||Introduction to Networks (4) OR|
|MST140||Microsoft Networking Essentials (3)||3-4|
|MST141||Enterprise Desktop Support Technician||3|
|MST150++||Any Microsoft Windows Operating System (any module)||3|
- Develop skills for effective responses to a variety of customer interactions. (CIS102)
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to become familiar with end-user applications. (CIS105)
- Install, customize, and troubleshoot problems with various hardware/software configurations. (BPC170)
- Analyze network topologies, IP addressing, and basic network design. (CIS190, CNT140AA, MST140)
- Troubleshoot guidelines and tools to support users. (MST141)
- Troubleshoot desktop operating systems. (MST141)
- Implement and configure administrative tools. (MST150++)
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows desktop operating system. (MST150++)