The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Microsoft Technical Specialist program provides training for an entry-level position working with Windows networks. Knowledge and skills are developed to install, configure, customize, optimize, and troubleshoot Windows servers and Windows client workstations. The courses in the program also help to prepare for Microsoft Certified Product Specialist (MCP) and Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) examinations. The curriculum ideally is taught by Microsoft Certified Professionals.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
++ indicates any suffixed courses.
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems (3) OR|
|Permission of Department or Division||0-3|
|CIS121AB||Microsoft Command Line Operations (1) OR|
|CIS221AB||Microsoft Power Shell (1)||1|
|BPC170||A+ Exam Prep: Computer Hardware Configuration and Support||3|
|BPC270||A+ Exam Prep: Operating System Configuration and Support||3|
|CIS190||Introduction to Networking (3) OR|
|CNT140AA||Introduction to Networks (4) OR||3-4|
|MST150++||Any MST150 Microsoft Windows course||3|
|CIS270||Essentials of Network and Information Security||3|
- Implement DOS commands and functions. (CIS121AB, CIS221AB)
- Identify basic personal computer architecture and components. (BPC170, BPC270)
- Troubleshoot problems with various common hardware and software configurations. (BPC170, BPC270)
- Analyze local area network LAN topologies and communication standards. (CIS190, CNT140AA, MST150++)
- Identify the hardware and software components of a local area network. (CIS190, CNT140AA)
- Create and manage user and group accounts. (CIS190, CNT140AA, MST150++)
- Implement and troubleshoot network printers. (MST150++)
- Secure network resources with share permissions and New Technology File System (NTFS) permissions.
- (MST150++, CIS270)
- Install, configure, and optimize Windows network operating system. (MST150++)
- Monitor network resources and events. (CIS270)