The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Mobile Apps Programming is designed to prepare individuals with the skills necessary to develop and distribute applications for mobile devices. Courses will include Mac Operating System, Adobe Photoshop, and Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)/Cascading Styles Sheets (CSS) for the development of iPhone, Android, and Windows 8 App development.
The Computer Information System (CIS) courses required by this program are not applicable if taken more than eight (8) years prior to the completion of the certificate program. Consult with an Academic Advisor for complete information.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses within the program.
|CIS150||Programming Fundamentals (3) AND|
|Certificate of Completion in Programming (5047) (21-26) OR|
|Certificate of Completion in Programming and System Analysis (5048) (24) OR|
|Permission of Department or Division Chair.||0-29|
|CIS120DF||Computer Graphics: Adobe Photoshop||3|
|CIS121AI||Mac Operating System||1|
|CIS165||Introduction to IOS Application Development||3|
|CIS165DA||Android Mobile Device Programming||3|
|CIS165DB||C#/VB.NET: Windows 8 Mobile App Development||3|
- Create, edit, and manipulate images. (CIS120DF)
- Demonstrate use of a Mac operating system. (CIS121AI, CIS165)
- Use Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). (CIS132)
- Use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to format webpage elements. (CIS132)
- Develop applications for iPhone. (CIS165)
- Describe software tools and programming techniques for developing Android device applications. (CIS165DA)
- Develop applications for Android devices. (CIS165DA)
- Develop applications for Windows 8 smartphones and tablets. (CIS165DB)
- Package applications for distribution. (CIS165, CIS165DA, CIS165DB)