What is the Opportunity Fair?
Every semester students, community members, and businesses are invited to learn and share information on job openings, internship and/or service learning opportunities opportunities in ALL types of careers. COME EXPLORE, LEARN and PREPARE! The event has been revamped to create a more engaging, meaningful experience for our participants. Engage in all four zones: Employer, Mock Interview, LinkedIn Photo booth, and sign up for Maricopa CareerLink!
Students, Community Members, and Faculty can:
- Chat with employers about current job, internship, or volunteer openings
- Do ON-THE-SPOT interviews with local companies
- Learn more about businesses and organizations in the community
- Learn about the MANY options you have in your career!
- Do a mock interview which will simulate a "real-life" interview, to better prepare you for the workforce
- Take a LinkedIn headshot for your profile. LinkedIn is the #1 social media job site!
- Sign up for Maricopa CareerLink, a career management tool just for YOU to view and apply for a variety of jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities in the state!
Career/Job/Internship Seekers should:
- Visit the Career and Transfer Center to create/update your resume and cover letter (FREE to students, community members, staff, and faculty!)
- Print copies of your resume to hand out to employers at the Opportunity Fair
- Dress in "Business" or "Business Casual" Attire for the event (first impressions matter!)
When is this happening?
Date: Wednesday, April 4th, 2018
Location: Estrella Mountain Community College, 3000 N Dysart Rd, Avondale, AZ 853929
Free and open to the public! Campus parking is ample, convenient and free.